Sunday, March 04, 2012

Sam's Dream Collab: Typical Cats and Jehst

     I have been thinking about what artists would go together better than any others.  I spent a lot of time going back and forth between artists, albums, and songs, and for my first dream collaboration I picked Jehst and the Typical Cats.  There are obvious similarities between Typical Cats and Jehst in the majority of their music.  Beyond cleverness, or wit, they both have real intelligence.  They know what they are talking about and their music has purpose.  When I listen to them I think of poets, and artists.  Not all rappers make me think of art, or poetry.  It isn't only their musical talent that would make them a great collective team, but the way they flow, and the way they speak.  There is real beauty inside of their music, beauty that goes past lyrics and beats, and even goes past intelligence.  Not something I say lightly.  They both have the same jazz feel, and they also can break off and be unique.  Putting all of these guys together could create real art, possibly some of the greatest music of all time.  They would make an amazing collaborative sound, and through their similarities, and their differences maybe a sound we have never heard before.  Basically, I am saying that these guys would make an amazing work of art if they were to collaborate.  That is why I would want them to work together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment